Government releases guidance on accompanied viewings for estate agents
On the 21stMay 2020, the government released detailed guidance on the health and safety features of the property market re-opening, which it says will not be a ‘return to normality’. According to the guidance:
“The process of finding and moving into a new home will need to be different given those involved in the process will have to adapt practices and procedures to ensure that the risk of spread of coronavirus is reduced as far as possible,”
Virtual Viewings of Property to Rent in Preston
The government recommends that agents direct members of the public to conduct virtual viewings as much as possible and that open house events are still not permitted. You can view our available properties here:
Government Guidance on Accompanied Viewings
- Initial viewings should be done virtually where possible
- Viewings should be limited to members of the same household
- Open house viewings should not take place.
- When physically viewing properties– avoid touching surfaces, wash your hands regularly, and bring your own hand sanitiser.
- If people are being shown around your current home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- If you are worried about the risk of infection, speak to the professionals involved, your landlord or estate agent as they may be able to put in place extra measures.
Read the guidance in full here: